Easy and Healthy Sautéed Zucchini

I don’t know if I’m the odd one out, but I LOVE vegetables. I’ve always loved them. Not all of them, but certainly all of the delicious ones 😉 I've been trying to be intentional about our sides, and now I often make this Easy Sautéed Zucchini when I need a simple and healthy side dish the whole family will enjoy.With a bunch of kids and a busy life, it’s the one thing I tend to forget about. And then I throw some unseasoned cucumber or carrot sticks at my kids, which works occasionally, but is a little uninspiring after a while, so this has become one of my go-to options.


Ingredients
  1. 1 tablespoon olive oil
  2. 2 cloves garlic (minced)
  3. 5 medium zucchini (thinly sliced)
  4. salt & black pepper (to taste)
  5. 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)


Instructions

  1. Heat the oil in a medium-large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the zucchini and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
  2. Season with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese (if using). Serve immediately. 


Tips

You can add different flavors if you like:

  • chili flakes
  • lemon juice and/or zest
  • fresh thyme
Cooking Tips:
  • do not overcook this vegetable, or it will turn into mashed zucchini
  • if you have some of those giant garden zucchini, you’ll want to de-seed them before slicing
  • for even more flavor, you can sauté some sliced onion with the garlic. You can also add more seasoning – finely grated lemon zest, chili flakes or fresh thyme are all very delicious!
Nutrition
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 639mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 544IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1mg

LihatTutupKomentar